1. Approval of the Minutes for the July 9, 1996, Cabinet meeting.
2. Request approval of the quarterly report for the period ending June 1996.
3. Submission of accomplishments relating to the 1995-96 Performance Contract of the Executive Director of the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
4. Submission of the 1996-97 Performance Contract of the Executive Director of the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
5. Submission of the department's legislative budget request for 1997-98 for the purpose of transmitting to the Office of Planning and Budgeting, Executive Office of the Governor.
6. Request approval to contract with The Allen Group for our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with assessment and referral services pursuant to Departmental Policy #047. The annual contract is $65,072 ($13.28 per year per employee) for counseling and case management and $8,000 for Critical Incident Stress Debriefings ($100 per hour). The contract also provides for fitness for duty evaluations at $250 per evaluation. The contract period will be from October 1, 1996, through September 30, 2001. The contract allows the vendor to increase their prices 0 percent second year, three percent third year, two percent fourth year and two percent fifth year. The total expenditure for the five year period is estimated at $376,482.22. The yearly contract total may vary based upon the exact number of employees referred for assessment.
The contract with Apalachee Center for Human Services has been canceled as of September 30, 1996.
7. The 1996 Florida Legislature appropriated $5,000,000 to the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles for the purpose of establishing a system for automated processing of uniform traffic citations. In addition, the Legislature mandated, through proviso language, that the Department contract with the Florida Association of Court Clerks and Comptrollers to implement the system.
The system will be composed of computer hardware and software located in each county where the Clerk of the Court elects to participate. A data network will be established to provide electronic transmission of citation data between counties and appropriate state agencies and between individual counties.
While there are to be four phases of the implementation process, this request is for phase one only. Additional documentation will be submitted to ITRPAC at the appropriate time for phases two, three, and four.
Phase one of the implementation process is limited to requirements gathering, system definition, and development of the acquisition document for subsequent phases. The cost of this phase of the project is $600,520.
8. Submission of the new state of Florida license plates:
Tampa Bay Devil Rays (Baseball)
Boy Scouts of America
Police Athletic League
State of Florida Design
Joe M. McCaskill, 488-2276
Alvin Burney, 488-4300