October 8, 2002
Rene Lewis 9:00 A.M.
ITEM SUBJECT RECOMMENDATION
1. Minutes from the August 13, 2002, August 27, 2002, and September 10, 2002 Cabinet meetings.
(ATTACHMENT 1 TO FOLLOW) FOR APPROVAL
2. Adoption of a resolution requesting the Division of Bond Finance of the State Board of Administration of Florida to authorize the issuance and sale of not exceeding $300,000,000 State of Florida, State Board of Education Lottery Revenue Bonds, Various Series, pursuant to sections 235.187 and 235.2195, F.S., and the State Bond Act, sections 215.57-215.83, F.S.
(ATTACHMENT 2) FOR APPROVAL
3. Proposed High Priority Location Schools for the 2002-2003 School Year.
(ATTACHMENT 3) FOR APPROVAL
4. Volusia County Charter District Renewal
(ATTACHMENT 4 TO FOLLOW) FOR ACTION
Charter School Appeal
5. Spiral Tech Elementary School vs. Miami-Dade County School Board.
On May 15, 2002, the Miami-Dade County School Board voted to terminate the Spiral Tech Elementary School charter. This appeal is brought to the State Board of Education, pursuant to Section 228.056, Florida Statutes, which includes provisions governing the appeal process for charter schools.
(ATTACHMENT 5) FOR DEFERRAL TO THE OCTOBER 22, 2002 AGENDA