March 26, 2002
Lynn Abbott 9:00 A.M.
ITEM SUBJECT RECOMMENDATION
1. Minutes from the February 12, 2002, State Board of Education Meeting
(ATTACHMENT 1) FOR APPROVAL
2. Miramar Community Charter School vs. Broward County School Board
On December 18, 2001, the Broward County School Board voted to deny the Miramar Community Charter School Application This appeal is brought to the State Board of Education, pursuant to Section 228.056, Florida Statutes, which includes provisions governing the appeal process for charter schools.
FOR DEFERRAL TO THE APRIL 23, 2002 CABINET MEETING
3. Statewide Emergency Shelter Plan for 2002.
Pursuant to Section 235.26(8)(b), Florida Statutes, the Department of Community Affairs is required to prepare and submit a statewide emergency shelter plan every even-numbered year for approval.
(ATTACHMENT 3) FOR APPROVAL
Rules - New
4. Rule 6A-1.09432, Assessment of Limited English Proficient Students.
(ATTACHMENT 4) FOR APPROVAL
Rules - Amended
5. Rule 6A-1.099, Cooperative Projects and Activities.
5) FOR APPROVAL AS AMENDED