What's Important for 2013?
The following changes take effect January 1, 2013:
- BlueCross and BlueShield of Florida is now Florida Blue; the pharmacy benefits manager for all health insurance plans (except CHP and FHCP Medicare Advantage plans) is now Express Scripts (Medco).
- Health insurance premiums for Medicare retirees enrolled in an HMO are changing. See the Retiree Rate Chart.
- Current health plan provisions generally remain the same. For PPO Plan members, this includes required mail-order for maintenance prescription drugs after three retail pharmacy fills.
- The Medco preferred drug list and maintenance drug list is updated twice a year.
- For information about Medco mail-order process, call (877) 531-4793 or visit www.medco.com/sofrxplan.
- Medco Prescription Drug Plan member ID cards will continue to be accepted at your pharmacy.
- Our prescription drug coverage is considered Creditable Coverage for the Medicare Part D Drug program. View the Special Notice about the Medicare Part D Drug Program to decide if you should enroll.
- The Privacy Notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Visit the mybenefits website and follow the instructions above to find our Privacy Notice.
- CompBenefits is now Humana; and Assurant Heritage Plus Dental Plan is changing to Assurant Prepaid 225. Some dental plan rates and copayments have changed. Review the Dental Charts for rates and copayments.
- The maximum annual contribution amount for a Medical Reimbursement Account (MRA) and a Limited Purpose Medical Reimbursement Account (LPMRA) will be $2,500.
- Health Savings Accounts contribution limits for the Health Savings Account have increased. You can now contribute up to $3,250 if you have individual coverage and $6,450 for family coverage (limits include the state contribution).