- The Auditor General and his staff will approach all work in an unbiased, open-minded manner. Findings will be reported in the same manner.
- The Auditor General will provide timely reporting to
the Legislature, Florida citizens, public entity management, and other
- Work will be planned so as to select the most appropriate topics to maximize government accountability, provide the greatest opportunity to improve government operations, cover areas of interest to the Legislature, and complete all statutory and other assignments within the time frames established for those assignments.
- Reporting will be in clear, concise language so that it can be understood by all receiving the reporting.
- Reporting will include recommendations on how to improve the workings
- The Auditor General and his staff will perform all work in a professional manner.
- Professional standards appropriate to the work performed will be followed.
- Findings and recommendations will be supported so as to preclude any
doubt as to the validity of the information provided.
- The Legislature, Florida
citizens, public entities, and other stakeholders will recognize the
Auditor General as a valuable resource for providing information and
recommendations for promoting government accountability and stewardship
and improving government operations.