Vision Statement - Excellence in auditing for the benefit of Floridians.
- The Auditor General and her staff will approach all work
in an unbiased, open-minded manner. Findings will be reported
in the same manner.
- The Auditor General will provide timely reporting to
the Legislature, Florida citizens, public entity management, and other stakeholders.
- Work will be planned so as to select the most appropriate
topics to maximize government accountability, provide the greatest opportunity
to improve government operations, cover areas of interest to the Legislature,
and complete all statutory and other assignments within the time frames
established for those assignments.
- Reporting will be in clear, concise language so that
it can be understood by all receiving the reporting.
- Reporting will include recommendations on how to improve
the workings of government.
- The Auditor General and her staff will perform all work
in a professional manner.
- Professional standards appropriate to the work performed
will be followed.
- Findings and recommendations will be supported so as
to preclude any doubt as to the validity of the information provided.
- The Legislature, Florida’s citizens, public entity
management, and other stakeholders will recognize the Auditor General as
a valuable resource for providing information and recommendations for improving
government operations and accountability in Florida.