Mission of the Florida Department of Revenue:
- To serve citizens with respect, concern and professionalism;
- To make complying with tax and child support laws easy and understandable;
- To administer the laws fairly and consistently; and
- To provide excellent service efficiently and at the lowest possible cost.
The Florida Department of Revenue has three primary lines of business:
- Administers tax law for 32 taxes and fees, processing nearly $34 billion, $4 billion for other agencies, and 8.5 million tax filings annually.
- Collects and distributes over $1.6 billion annually in child support payments on behalf of nearly one million children.
- Oversees property tax administration involving 9.9 million parcels of property worth nearly $1.8 trillion.