Mission: To protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, & community efforts.
Vision: To be the Healthiest State in the Nation
The key business functions of DOH are:
- Identify, diagnose, and conduct surveillance of diseases and health conditions in the state, accumulating health statistics necessary to establish trends.
- Implement interventions that prevent or limit the impact or spread of diseases and health conditions.
- Collect, manage, and analyze vital statistics and other health data to inform and formulate public health policy and planning.
- Maintain and coordinate preparedness for and responses to public health emergencies in the state.
- Provide or assure the provision of quality health and related services to identified populations in the state.
- Regulate environmental activities that have a direct impact on public health in the state.
- Regulate health practitioners, to the extent authorized by the legislature, as necessary for the preservation of the health, safety, and welfare of the public.
Learn More About: