Your Choice Toolkit:
For most people, cost and value are two of the key factors in making
any purchase. That's why the State of Florida is providing a Choice Toolkit
designed to help you shop for the medical plan, health savings account
and/or reimbursement accounts that best fit your needs. The Choice Toolkit
- Health Plan Cost Estimator, to help
you compare the estimated total costs of the PPO, HMO and Health Investor
medical plans available to you - based on the health:
- coverage you buy through the state
- care you need during the year.
- The tool also helps you take a close look at what enrolling in the
Health Savings Account (HSA) available with the Health Investor medical
plans could mean to you in tax savings and the ability to save for future
If you are an active employee, think about using the:
- Dental Plan Cost Estimator to help you compare
the total cost for each of the dental plans including both the
cost to buy coverage and your cost for services.
- Medical Reimbursement Account Estimator,
to help you estimate your out-of-pocket health, dental and vision costs,
and see the possible federal tax savings if you use this account to
pay for those expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Limited Purpose Medical Reimbursement Account
Estimator, to estimate your tax savings from using the account
for out-of-pocket dental, vision and over-the-counter medication costs
if you are leaning toward enrolling in a Health Investor plan and a
Health Savings Account (HSA), since Federal rules don't allow you to
enroll in the Medical Reimbursement Account if you select the Health
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account Estimator
that lets you estimate possible tax savings when you use this pre-tax
account for eligible dependent day care expenses so that you can work.